6) KNOBBED CYLINDER BLOCKS
- Reviews (0)
1. KNOBBED CYLINDER BLOCKS (HOME VERSION OF CYLINDER BLOCKS)
1. Cylinder Blocks also called as Knobbed Cylinder. Each of the blocks is a rectangular prism with concave faces to facilitate firm holding.
2. The cylinder block is a hallowed box has 10 sockets and there are 10 knobbed cylinders that fit into these sockets. The knobs are the pencil grip type. Block B: Varying in diameter from 5.5cms to 1.5cm, with height remaining constant
3. Wondering on the purpose of these blocks? They help the child in getting used to pincer grip. The pincer grip as you are aware becomes a foundation to writing at a later stage – holding pencils.
4. Look at them visually and you would notice the discrimination of sizes is evident. Child gets the first stage of being able to visually discriminate the dimensions and as child’s competency grows he/she would begin to differentiate it with the touch.
5. Cylinder blocks also play a pivotal role in understanding mathematics and language as child explores them further – height and diameter become part of the explorations.
This item is part of Montessori@Home Kit 1. To purchase Montessori@Home Kit 1 Click Here